SEAmBOTH final seminar
Thursday 20th of February 2020
University of Oulu, Lecture hall L5,
9.00 – 16.00
Registration is open until 6th of February 2020, registrate here
We will provide lunch & coffee and material from the project for all the participants of the final seminar.
Confirmed speakers & preliminary topics:
– Heidi Lusenius, Regional Council of Southwest Finland: Finnish Maritime Spatial Planning
– Markku Viitasalo, Finnish Environmental Institute: Greetings from the The Finnish Inventory Programme for the Underwater Marine Environment (VELMU)
– Essi Keskinen, Parks & Wildlife Finland (Metsähallitus): SEAmBOTH
– Elina Virtanen, Finnish Environmental Institute: Seamless biodiversity maps in the northern Bothnian Bay
– Aarno Kotilainen, Geological Survey of Finland & Gustav Kågesten, Geological Survey of Sweden: geological results from SEAmBOTH project
– Linnea Bergdahl, Länsstyrelsen Norrbotten: biological results from SEAmBOTH project
– Susanne Kratzer, Stockholm University: The use of optical measurements and remote sensing data to derive inorganic particle distribution in Baltic Sea including coastal areas.
– Iris Mäntyranta, Interreg Nord: The Interreg Nord programme and regional development
We are updating the information on speakers and schedule during January.
There are parking places (2 h/ 4 h) at the University of Oulu, but you need to be early to get a spot (usually all of them are taken at 9 am). We recommend using public transport (busses) to get to the University from the city center.
The main bus stop in the city center of Oulu (when travelling towards the University) is called Kaupungintalo P (behind the City hall of Oulu) and the busses that go to the University are 1, 2, 3 and 8. The travel is about 20 minutes. Other alternative bus stops in the center are called Pokkitörmä (busses 1, 2, 3, 8, 48) and Kuvernööri P (bus 48).
When travelling back to the City center from the University the bus stop is called Yliopisto E. All the bus stops can be found from Google maps.
In the bus you can pay only with cash or with a mobile ticket (app available in Google Play & App store: “Oulun joukkoliikenne”).
Bus timetables & information on tickets, schedule etc. One bus ticket is 3,30 €.
Original Sokos hotel Arina, right in the center of Oulu. Close to Kaupungintalo P bus stop.
Scandic Oulu City, in the center of Oulu. Close to Kaupungintalo P bus stop.
Lapland hotels Oulu, on the edge of the city center. Close to Pokkitörmä & Kuvernööri bus stops.
All the hotels in the city center of Oulu, webpage unfortunately only in Finnish.
From the airport to city center:
You can take a taxi or bus (8, 9) from the airport. Bus 8 is a bit faster, about 32 minutes and bus 9 is a bit slower, about 40 minutes. Bus costs 5,80 €. from airport to city center/University of Oulu.
If you have any questions concerning the final seminar, contact suvi.saarnio(a)metsa.fi